Dear Biscaya users, a new version, 2.0, has just been released. This is more than an update, it can be called an upgrade so, be careful and back up your website before following the steps below.
First, what’s new ?
- Bootstrap 3.0 + Upgraded
- Font Awesome 4.0.3 Upgraded
- New level menu added
- New shortcodes added
- Theme options framework changed to a more friendly one
- New theme options added:
- New portfolio layouts added (single column, two columns, three columns, four columns)
- Removed "homepage" template, added "no title" template page instead (select this for homepage)
- Nicescroll feature added
- Automatic Theme Updater added
- Translation updated
- Documentation updated
- IE8 no longer supported since Microsoft support for Windows XP is ending on April 8, 2014.
- fancy boxes 3
- new call to action area
- content slider
- added feature for buttons to open in a new tab
- Google font library for body text added
- option to change body font size
- option to change body text color
- backup, restore or import theme options data between different installs
Download the new version (2.0) from the account you have used when purchasing Biscaya WP theme.
If you attempt to upload the new version theme that is already on your server through the theme section in the admin area, it will fail, and you will get a message that folder destionation “already exists”.
Solution: rename the newer version of the biscaya.zip while it’s still on your computer (ex: biscaya-new.zip), and then upload it via WordPress/Themes/Add New.
If you follow this method, you should now see two themes with the same name but with different version numbers ( Theme Details reveal versions). Activate the newer version, set your Theme Options and that's it. You have just updated your Biscaya theme.
Note: This method applies to Biscaya 1.0 users. Biscaya 2.0 is packed with an automatic updater which means you will recieve an alert through WordPress dashboard each time a new theme update is available and a simple click will take care of the update process.
Important: Before any Theme Update it is recommended that you create a backup!