This is Redxun documentation (more on this product here). You can skip the documentation with our 24h theme installation service. Whether it’s your own website or a client's, we can take the burden of installation off your shoulders. Theme installation includes full setup of the theme, plugins, settings, and demo content. Your website will look just like the demo within a few hours!
Redxun is a Wordpress theme, so you must install Wordpress first. There are several ways to install WordPress but the easiest way would be to use one of the one-click autoinstallers available from you hosting company. Click here to learn how to install WordPress with the most popular autoinstallers, WordPress Toolkit, Cloudron, Fantastico, Installatron, and Softaculous.
Installing a Theme
There are two ways to install a WordPress Theme. We recommend you the first one.
1. Via WordPress Dashboard
To Install a Theme via WordPress Dashboard follow these steps:
- Go to your WordPress Admin Panel & Log in (
- Go to Appearance -> Themes -> Add New
- From top, Click on Upload Theme
- Choose the theme ZIP file you’ve downloaded & Click Install Now
- Click on Activate to active the theme
2. Via FTP
To install a WordPress Theme via FTP, follow these steps:
Use a FTP such as Filezilla.
- Open Filezilla
Enter the FTP account details provided by your web host in Host, Username & Password field
Host: Server hostname (ftp.mywebsite.com) Username: Username Password: Password
- Once connected, you’ll see two panels: left - shows the files on your computer & right - shows the files currently on the web server.
- Locate your root folder (Ex: public_html)
- Extract the theme file; drag & drop the unzipped theme folder to wp-content/themes directory.
- If you’re done uploading files, to disconnect just click the disconnect icon
- Activate the theme from Appearance -> Themes
Redxun Installation (video guide)
Watch the video to see Redxun theme installation in action:
Redxun theme supports one-click demo importer. Before anything, make sure that you have installed and activated the required and recommended plugins. You will see an alert in your dashboard if you haven’t done so.
- Navigate to Appearance -> Import Demo Data.
- Click Import Demo Data.
- Be patient, do not refresh and wait for the process to complete. It can take a few minutes.
It’s very important that you only run the Demo Importer a single time to avoid duplicated content.
Before adding items to the menu, you must first define it.
- Navigate to the WordPress Dashboard.
- From the ‘Appearance’, select the ‘Menus’ option.
- Choose Create a new menu at the top of the page
- Enter a random name in the Menu Name box
- Click the Create Menu button.
That’s it! You’ve just created a custom menu. Now let’s add some items to it!
- Notice the pane entitled Pages.
- Within this pane, click the View All link to display a list of all the published Pages on your site.
- Choose the Pages that you want to add by clicking the checkbox.
- Click the Add to Menu button located at the bottom of this pane to add your selection(s) to the menu that you created in the previous step.
- Click the Save Menu button once you’ve added all the menu items you want.
Great! Now the final step, make the menu visible in site. Redxun theme supports 2 menus - header & footer.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu editor window.
- In the section titled Theme locations, click the check box for the location where you want your menu to appear.
- Click Save menu once you’ve made your selection.
The menu should be now visible in website.
Redxun comes with 2 widgetized areas.
- Go to Appearance > Customize in the WordPress Administration Screens.
- Click the Widget menu in the Theme Customizer to access to the Widget Customize Screen.
- Click the down arrow of Widget Area to list the already registered Widgets.
- Click Add a Widget button at the bottom of sidebar. It shows the list of available widgets.
- Click a widget you want to add. The widgets should be added in the sidebar.
- Preview your site and you should see the content from your new Widget.
- To arrange the Widgets within the Sidebar, drag and drop the widgets in the order you want or click Reorder link and click up arrow and down allow of each widget and click Done after the arrange operation.
- To customize the Widget features, click the down arrow in the right to expand the Widget’s interface.
- To remove the widget, click Remove from Widget’s interface in above step.
Redxun comes with 2 widgetized areas. Watch video to learn how to add widgets and make them fixed:
Customizer (Theme Options)
Redxun uses the build in WordPress Customizer. Navigate to Appearance / Customize from your WordPress dashboard. You will be taken directly to the Customizer where you will be able to set all theme options:
One of Redxun’s greatest features is the option to choose a custom header. You can add any shortcode, video, slider, literally anything you can think of; this generates a high flexibility on how you manage your blog posts.
In our demo, we showcase a full-width video. To make a responsive full-width video, simply paste the following code in the custom header area (screenshot below):
<div class="videofit"> <iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mfxQy5A_tHs?autoplay=1&rel=1&showinfo=0&modestbranding=1" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"> </iframe> </div>
Make sure you replace
mfxQy5A_tHs with your own YouTube video id.
YouTube Video id area screenshot:
Watch the video guide below to learn how to change the layout of a post:
Redxun comes with WowPopup premium plugin.
Create Child Theme
If you’d rather create it manually, please, read our detailed article: “Protect Your WordPress Customizations with a Child Theme”.
"Redxun" theme is translatable. All you have to do is to install a specific plugin so you can easily translate the theme in your own language. We recommend you Loco Translate plugin.
"Redxun" theme has Font Awesome integrated. This means you can use any icon from this list anywehere in your site with a simple code:
<i class="fa fa-telegram"></i>. Of course, you will replace
telegram with the keyword corresponding to the icon you wish to use. More examples:
<i class="fa fa-envelope-open"></i> <i class="fa fa-commenting"></i> <i class="fa fa-flag"></i>
You can get free images for your website at Unsplash.com.
"Redxun" documentation is always evolving. If you have questions, please, submit a ticket here. Also, don't forget to subscribe for news, updates & releases!