This is Scorilo documentation (more on this product here). You can skip the documentation with our 24h theme installation service. Whether it’s your own website or a client's, we can take the burden of installation off your shoulders. Theme installation includes full setup of the theme, plugins, settings, and demo content. Your website will look just like the demo within a few hours!
Scorilo is a Wordpress theme, so you must install Wordpress first. There are several ways to install WordPress but the easiest way would be to use one of the one-click autoinstallers available from you hosting company. Click here to learn how to install WordPress with the most popular autoinstallers, WordPress Toolkit, Cloudron, Fantastico, Installatron, and Softaculous.
Installing a Theme
There are two ways to install a WordPress Theme. We recommend you the first one.
1. Via WordPress Dashboard
To Install a Theme via WordPress Dashboard follow these steps:
- Go to your WordPress Admin Panel & Log in (
- Go to Appearance -> Themes -> Add New
- From top, Click on Upload Theme
- Choose the theme ZIP file you’ve downloaded & Click Install Now
- Click on Activate to active the theme
2. Via FTP
To install a WordPress Theme via FTP, follow these steps:
Use a FTP such as Filezilla.
- Open Filezilla
Enter the FTP account details provided by your web host in Host, Username & Password field
Host: Server hostname (ftp.mywebsite.com) Username: Username Password: Password
- Once connected, you’ll see two panels: left - shows the files on your computer & right - shows the files currently on the web server.
- Locate your root folder (Ex: public_html)
- Extract the theme file; drag & drop the unzipped theme folder to wp-content/themes directory.
- If you’re done uploading files, to disconnect just click the disconnect icon
- Activate the theme from Appearance -> Themes
Installing Required Plugins
Without the required plugins, the theme still works but without its powerful features enabled.
- Easy Digital Downloads
- Wow Elementor Addon Elements
- Contact Form 7
After you activate the theme you are prompted to install these plugins with a single click, so the process is automatic. All plugins are free.
Page Builder Templates (Video)
Since v1.6.2, Scorilo is expanded with a live front end page builder. Each demo page is created with Scorilo’s elements specially designed for Elementor page builder. Elementor requires PHP 7 or greater. If your site is hosted on a server with an older PHP, ask your hosting provider to upgrade to the latest version of PHP. It will also help your website speed.
Scorilo has a set of predesigned templates for a quick start. What does this mean? This means you will be able to replicate any page (home, contact etc.) with a click of a button. For this you must import the predesigned templates by following 2 simple steps:
- Navigate to Dashboard/Elementor/My Library
- Click Import File, and choose this file to Import Now.
Assign Front Page & Blog
You must likely want to have a custom homepage on front instead of the blog posts. How do we do that?
- Go to Dashboard/Settings/Reading and assign static pages, then Save.
That’s it for now. Remember to uncheck “Discourage search engines…” once your project is ready!
Navigate to Appearance/Theme Options so you can change logo, customize footer and so on. Please, note, some of the options listed here (such as Homepage settings) are no longer needed if you’re using the page builder. They serve as fallback for older versions only.
Navigate to Dashboard/Add new page, name it Shop (or whatever you like) and assign it to Shop template from page attributes:
Navigate to Dashboard / Downloads/ Add new item:
Make sure all fields are visible:
Don’t forget to Publish/Update!
Shop Specific Pages
Easy Digital Downloads plugin should automatically create you these pages upon installation: Checkout, Purchase Confirmation, Purchase History and Transaction Failed. Never delete them!
Navigate to Dashboard/Add new page, name it My Account (or whatever you like) and assign it to My Account template from page attributes:
Navigate to Dashboard/Add a page, name it Checkout, paste the following shortcode inside then save:
Purchase Confirmation Page
Your buyers will see a confirmation page after the payment is complete (example in screenshot below). In order to create this page, navigate to Dashboard/Add New, paste the following shortcode, then publish:
Purchase History Page
Your buyers must have a purchase history page to access their downloads. In order to create this page, navigate to Dashboard/Add New, paste the following shortcode, then publish:
Transaction Failed Page
Your buyers must have a page for failed transaction alert. In order to create this page, navigate to Dashboard/Add New, paste the following shortcode, then publish:
Your transaction failed, please try again or contact site support.
The contact form belongs to Contact Form 7 plugin. You are asked to install this plugin once you activate Scorilo, the process is automatic. Next, you can create your own contact forms via Dashboard/Contact/Contact Forms and either edit an existing one, either create a new one. Then you can easily add it anywhere via Page Builder. The contact page is actually a predesigned template that you can replicate with a click of a button just like the rest of the pages (make sure you watch the videos above).
Testimonials are managed through custom types.
- Create a page, name it Testimonials. Assign the “testimonials” page template from the right sidebar. Publish.
- Navigate to your left menu in the dashboard and select testimonials to add a new item. Add the details and publish. Then add a new item if you wish and so on.
Now check your Testimonial page. You should see the testimonials nicely aligned.
Before adding items to the menu, you must first define it.
- Navigate to the WordPress Dashboard.
- From the ‘Appearance’, select the ‘Menus’ option.
- Choose Create a new menu at the top of the page
- Enter a random name in the Menu Name box
- Click the Create Menu button.
You’ve just created a custom menu. Now let’s add some items to it!
- Notice the pane entitled Pages.
- Within this pane, click the View All link to display a list of all the published Pages on your site.
- Choose the Pages that you want to add by clicking the checkbox.
- Click the Add to Menu button located at the bottom of this pane to add your selection(s) to the menu that you created in the previous step.
- Click the Save Menu button once you’ve added all the menu items you want.
Great! Now the final step, make the menu visible in site. “Scorilo” theme supports “Header Menu”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu editor window.
- Check “Header Menu” box and then click Save menu.
That’s it! The menu should be now visible in website.
Call to Action
Change Call to Action area via Theme Options/General Settings
<h1 class="callactiontitle"> Promote Items Area Give Discount to Buyers <span class="callactionbutton"><i class="fa fa-gift"></i> WOW24TH</span> </h1>
You can use any Font Awesome icons.
Navigate to Theme Options/General Settings and paste the code:
<p class="footernote">Connect with Scorilo</p> <ul class="social-iconsfooter"> <li><a href="#"><i class="fa fa-phone"></i></a></li> <li><a href="#"><i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a></li> <li><a href="#"><i class="fa fa-twitter"></i></a></li> <li><a href="#"><i class="fa fa-google-plus"></i></a></li> <li><a href="#"><i class="fa fa-pinterest"></i></a></li> </ul>
# with your social link.
You can use any Font Awesome icons.
Create Child Theme
If you’d rather create it manually, please, read our detailed article: “Protect Your WordPress Customizations with a Child Theme”.
"Scorilo" theme is translatable. All you have to do is to install a specific plugin so you can easily translate the theme in your own language. We recommend you Loco Translate plugin.
"Scorilo" theme has Font Awesome integrated. This means you can use any icon from this list anywehere in your site with a simple code:
<i class="fa fa-telegram"></i>. Of course, you will replace
telegram with the keyword corresponding to the icon you wish to use. More examples:
<i class="fa fa-envelope-open"></i> <i class="fa fa-commenting"></i> <i class="fa fa-flag"></i>
You can get free images for your website at Unsplash.com.
"Scorilo" documentation is always evolving. If you have questions, please, submit a ticket here. Also, don't forget to subscribe for news, updates & releases!