We're no longer keeping track here. To automatically update our themes, please, use this plugin instead.
Hello, Asher users, a new version, 1.1, has been released.
- Updated for WordPress 3.9
- Shortcode button back in visual editor
- Added option for buttons to open in new tabs
- Parent menu item clickable
- Added automatic Theme Updater
- Removed front-page.php, added flexible homepage set from Settings/Reading/Set Front Page (please, read the documentation)
- Fixed bug with media area background image
- Translation Updated
- Documentation Updated
Download the new version (1.1) from the account you have used when purchasing Asher theme.
If you attempt to upload the new version theme that is already on your server through the theme section in the admin area, it will fail, and you will get a message that folder destionation "already exists".
Solution: rename the newer version of the asher.zip while it's still on your computer (ex: asher-new.zip), and then upload it via WordPress/Themes/Add New.
If you follow this method, you should now see two themes with the same name but with different version numbers ( Theme Details reveal versions). Activate the newer version and you are done. You have just updated your Asher theme. Do not forget that you can import your theme options to the new version via Backup Options (screenshot below):
Note: The above instructions are needed for Asher 1.0 users only. Asher 1.1 is packed with an automatic updater which means you will receive an alert through WordPress dashboard each time a new theme update is available and a simple click will take care of the update process.